August Book of the Month Club
Girl, Wash Your Face By Rachel Hollis
Below you will find the REPLAY from our August 3rd, LIVE Instagram Broadcast.
What lies are you believing and what are you going to do about them?
- Lie: Something Else Will Make Me Happy (Chp. 1)
- Are you making decisions that will make you happy, not putting your happiness on other people or things?
- Stop comparing yourself to others.
- Force positivity
- Decide to be happy and then just BE HAPPY.
- Lie 2: I’ll Start Tomorrow (Chp. 2)
- What are you putting off to improve yourself or your life?
- Start today.
- Start small. Don’t overhaul your life. That is exhausting and will not last.
- Don’t over-commit. We can’t do it all!
- Be honest with yourself, your time and your commitments. If you are not leading with a servant’s heart, then question why you are committing to that thing.
- Lie 3: I Am Not Good Enough (Chp. 3)
- Are you valuing who you are and what you bring to the table?
- Get outside help: Therapy, Church, Women’s Group
- Don’t discount the fun stuff.
- Make YOU a priority.
- Lie 4: I’m Better Than You (Chp. 4)
- Are you quick to judge others?
- Find secure, healed (or working on being healed) women as your friends. If you don’t have any, BE ONE.
- Practice kindness: pay forward compliments. If you think something positive, SAY IT and swallow those negative thoughts.
- Hurt people hurt people. Stop being a victim and choose your actions wisely.
- Please share that with us in the comments section below. (Don’t forget: you can access the downloads if you have purchased the audible version).
We will go LIVE at 2 PM CST on Thursday, August 9th to begin our next group discussion over Rachel Hollis’ “Girl, Wash Your Face!”
Grab your copy by clicking HERE and join us!
for Today’s Aging Woman