September Book of the Month Club
The Happiness Advantage
By Shawn Achor
Below you will find the REPLAY from our September 7th, LIVE Instagram Broadcast.
Part One: Positive Psychology at Work
- Part One: Positive Psychology At Work
- Believe that you can achieve happiness FIRST, and the rest will fall into place.
- Are you settling for the average or are you an outlier?
- Reframe what average is.
- Happiness should come from within.
- Pay attention to the external and internal forces that are affecting your happiness.
- Raise your level of positivity in the present.
- Your brain performs better in the positive.
- Your success depends on how happy you are in your everyday life!
- Job success is more correlated with happiness than skill.
- Knowing what dopamine does for your brain can help build intelligence in everyday life.
- Create habits that will help build happiness.
- List 3 things you are grateful for every day for 21 days.
- Write down one positive experience you have had in the last 24 hours and give your brain the opportunity to relive that experience.
- Incorporate exercise as a daily habit.
- 3-5 minutes of meditation daily.
- Smile, compliment, or participate in a random act of kindness.
Links Referenced during this talk:
- Ted Talk:
- The Happiness Advantage Guide:
- The Site:
We will go LIVE at 2 PM CST on Friday, September 14th to begin our second group discussion over Shawn Achor’s The Happiness Advantage!
Grab your copy HERE!
for Today’s Aging Woman