September Book of the Month Club
The Happiness Advantage
By Shawn Achor
Below you will find the REPLAY from our September 14th, LIVE Instagram Broadcast.
Part 2: The Happiness Advantage, The Fulcrum and the Lever, The Tetris Effect & Falling Up
- The Happiness Advantage
- Happy people have the advantage in EVERY aspect of life: relationships, work, parenting, health, fitness etc…
- Mindset and mood are positive and everything else falls in place.
- Happiness is relative to the person who is perceiving it.
- Be careful to not measure your level of happiness against another person.
- It is the joy we feel striving after our own potential.
- Creating happiness habits:
- infuse positivity into your surroundings
- spend on experiences not quick fixes
- utilize our signature strengths
- conscious acts of kindness
- know your strengths
- The Fulcrum & the Lever
- Find the positive spin in a situation
- Look for opportunities to create positivity and confidence in others
- Are you owning things that you should let go of?
- How much potential and possibility we have is the “length of our lever”
- The position of our fulcrum is the mindset with which we generate the power to change.
- Our potential is never fixed, we always have an opportunity to create a new outcome.
- The Tetris Effect
- Training your brain to capitalize on possibilities.
- Where you put your focus is what you begin to become.
- Choose what you fill your brain with (what you watch, what you listen to, who you spend time with).
- Our brains see what we want them to see, so expose it to what you want it to see.
- Falling Up
- Capitalize on the downs to build upward momentum.
- The nature of success is the measure of resilience.
- How many times will you take a no before you give up, or will you ever give up?
- Spiral, mental hamster wheel
- Furthering Negativity:
- Perpetuating the problem when we fear conflict, change
- Leads us from failure or setback
- Mapped out success, just find your path there
- Do you believe what you want is something you can attain, regardless of your setbacks?
- Freedom to change our choices, exercise this right.
- Adversity can be a step towards greatness if we choose to see it that way.
- Ted Talk:
- The Happiness Advantage Guide:
- The Site:
We will go LIVE at 2 PM CST on Friday, September 21st to begin our third group discussion over Shawn Achor’s The Happiness Advantage!
Grab your copy HERE!
for Today’s Aging Woman