September Book of the Month Club
The Happiness Advantage
By Shawn Achor
Below you will find the REPLAY from our September 21st, LIVE Instagram Broadcast.
Part 2: The Zorro Circle, The 20 Second Rule, & Social Investment
- The Zorro Circle
- Find the positive in a situation and tackle one thing at a time instead of getting overwhelmed by the larger issue.
- If you feel like everything is out of control, you will project this onto your goals for success.
- Take a project and break it down into smaller more manageable chunks.
- Reverse engineer your goals!
- The 20 Second Rule
- Focus your energy toward those things you want to be successful at and withdraw energy from those things that drain you.
- Take 20 seconds at a time to shift where your energy is going.
- Willpower weakens over time, instead make smaller energy changes toward things you want to do.
- Set yourself up for success: create “triggers” that help you do the things you WANT to do.
- Social Investment
- Social interaction DOES boost your possibilities of being successful and happy.
- Pick those you invest in and those who invest in you well.
- Show up for them in the same way you expect them to show up for you.
- Community helps you bounce back from setbacks more quickly.
- Ted Talk:
- The Happiness Advantage Guide:
- The Site:
We will go LIVE at 2 PM CST on Friday, September 28th to begin our FINAL group discussion over Shawn Achor’s The Happiness Advantage!
Next month we will focus on the book, Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck. Grab your copy HERE!
for Today’s Aging Woman