This is one of our favorite soups. Super easy to make! Trader Joe’s does all of the work for you. I like to toss everything in the crock pot and just set it on warm. Since everything is pre-cooked this allows the soup, chicken and Chimichurri Rice to meld together while warming. We serve Naan bread as a side dish.
The soup is Organic, Vegan, and Gluten FREE. The Chimichurri has some dairy in it, so if you are a STRICT VEGAN, just omit the rice and of course the Chicken.
When we have this soup as is from the box we like to top it with fresh avocado and some basil.
Organic Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Chimichurri Rice and Chicken
- 1 Box Trader Joe’s Organic Tomato & Red Pepper Soup
- 1 Bag Trader Joe’s frozen Chimichurri Rice
- 1 Bag Trader Joe’s frozen Just Chicken
- Fage Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- Fresh Avocado
- Fresh Basil
- Trader Joe’s Naan Bread
- Pour all ingredients into a crock pot on warm or add all ingredients to a medium size sauce pan a warm on low heat. When I use a crock pot and let the soup warm all day I add in 1 cup of water or vegetable broth to keep the soup from thickening up.
- When you are ready to serve the soup garnish with Greek Yogurt, fresh avocado and/or fresh basil.
- We also like to have a warm piece of Naan Bread with our soup. Enjoy!